Update 7.28.09: Congratulations to Damian Daniels, our first NG Nation contest winner! Stay tuned for more contests from NG Nation.com.
This post goes in the “better late than never” category — the fine folks at The Travelers Championship have offered to donate a prize for NG Nation readers, and I’m just now getting around to posting the contest, shame on me! Be that as it may, we’re going to do a little Nike Golf Nation Treasure Hunt — here’s the deal:
The first reader to correctly answer the following five (5) questions will receive a dozen logo balls and a logo hat courtesy of The Travelers Championship. Post your answers in a comment below (Hint: you can find the answers in the pages of this blog). One entry per person. Thx!
Here are the questions:
1. We all know that Lucas Glover won the U.S. Open, and David Duval came in second — who was the next highest finishing Nike Golf athlete in the U.S. Open at Bethpage Black and what was his final score?
2. What is the letter/number combination on the bottom of Paul Casey’s Nike Golf protoype putter?
3. Who was my “dark horse” pick for The Open Championship (British Open), and in what place did he end up finishing?
4. On what DATE in April did Stewart Cink travel to the TPC River Highlands in Connecticut to meet with the media and promote The Travelers Championship (approximately two months before the tournament)?
5. What Nike Golf putter model am I currently carrying in my bag?
Post your answers in a comment below, I’ll post the winner as soon as we have one. Good luck!