Honestly, I didn’t pay much attention to this tournament. The biggest name in the tournament was Rory Sabbatini and he did great, but only one person picked him. But regular staple B-Listers like deJonge and Cejka, kept up their hot play. However, Bill Lunde (not the guy from Dexter) won the tournament.
- Number of Entries: 12
- Number of Golfers Selected: 18
- Most Popular Pick: Stephen Ames – picked 9 times
- Number of Missed Cuts/WD’s: 2 – Bryce Molder and Shaun Micheel
- Number of Top 10’s: 5 – Cejka + Sim (T3), Sabbatini and Johnson (T8), Hoffman (T10)
- Number of Top 10-Top 25’s: 4 — de Jonge (T16), Ames (T16), Duval and Points (T22)
- Top Nike Golfer: Ames (T16)
- People That Selected the Winner: 0
- Average Points: 7.75
Vaughn Taylor and Charles Howell were other popular picks, but didn’t do well. Next closest was Brendon de Jonge who got a T16.
NG Nation picked up the win this week with some slick picks and a pair of Top 10’s.
NG Nation’s Winning Team: Michael Sim (T3), Richard S. Johnson (T8), David Duval (T22) and Charles Howell III (T48)
Hit the link to check out the Turning Stone Resort Championship Fantasy Points to see how you fared this week.
Even more movement in this event as Chris Wang falls from 2nd to 3rd where Alan N comes from 4th to meet him. Mosher jumps to 7th, while taking the month lead with 20 points. (NG Nation, Meredith W and Drew all trail him with 18 points).
(Check here for the WGC Bridgestone fantasy recap)
It’s close at the top, but don’t forget that double points are coming up soon for the FedEx Cup playoffs, where it’s wide open this year.
Next up, Whistling Straits, where I’m not even going to consider picking Tiger Woods.