Well, no one picked Mahan, O’Hair, Goosen or Van Pelt, but the picks were good. While the Top 3 players in the world faltered, others stepped it up and some good names had some good finishes. Very quiet Top 10’s by McIlroy, Stricker, Oosthuizen and Paddy. However, big ups to Mahan, who always performs down the stretch and I’d love to see him win the FedEx Cup.
- Number of Entries: 12
- Number of Golfers Selected: 19
- Most Popular Pick: Tiger Woods — picked 10 times
- Number of Missed Cuts/WD’s: N/A
- Number of Top 10’s: 7 – Overton + Furyk (T6), McIlroy + Kuchar + Stricker + Paddy + Oosty (T9)
- Number of Top 10-Top 25’s: 5— Ryan Moore (T16), Rose + Cink (T19), McDowell + Casey (T22)
- Top Nike Golfer: Stewart Cink (T19) — Only Courtney Z picked him
- People That Selected the Winner: 0
- Average Points: 7.9
I’m going to take a lot of credit for my “defending British Open stat” and it paid off with a Top 10.
We had a 2-way tie for first this week with 14 points each (2 Top 10’s + 2 Top 25’s) and they did it with very different picks
Bryan D’s Winning Team: Jeff Overton (T6), Louis Oosthuizen (T9), Phil (T46), Tiger (T78)
Chris W’s Winning Team: Jim Furyk (T6), Matt Kuchar (T9), Tiger (T78) and Westwood (WD)
Hit the link to check out the WGC Bridgestone Invitational Fantasy Points to see how you fared this week.
This was the first event in Month 4 and there wasn’t much movement. Chris Wang moved into a tie for 2nd, while Mosher moved into a tie for 8th. Bryan D takes over the Month lead, while Mere holds onto the season lead.
(Turning Stone Resort Championship Results are the most up to date)
Slow week in this event, but more movement in the Turning Stone Resort Championship (the 16th event of the season and 2nd event of Month 4).
Next up is some Major fantasy action.