The playoffs truly started with a bang as a well deserved Matt Kuchar picked up his first win of the season in dramatic fashion. His win was not only his first of the season, but caused the biggest points mix-up in the Fantasy Four contest to date. Due to the double points, we’ve seen a new record for scoring and a costly effect of failing to enter your picks for the week. We also saw a record low for MC’s, with only 2 this week.
- Number of Entries: 11 (no Mick this week)
- Number of Golfers Selected: 16
- Most Popular Pick: Paul Casey– picked 6 times
- Number of Missed Cuts/WD’s: 2 – Mickelson and AK (both picked by Bryan D
- Number of Top 10’s: 3 – Matt Kuchar (1), Steve Stricker (T3) and DJ (T9)
- Number of Top 10-Top 25’s: 4 – Tiger + Casey (T12), Cink and Poulter (T15)
- Top Nike Golfer: Tiger + Casey (T12)
- People That Selected the Winner: 3 – Matt Kuchar picked by Jane, Brian and Chris
- Average Points: 22.36
I think it was a great week. While Els, Overton, Mahan, Mickelson, Bubba, Watney and McIlroy failed to impress, the real gamers game out to play and Tiger, Casey and others were close to Top 10’s. Steve Stricker may be the favourite to win the FedEx cup now. While 3 entries had Kuchar, Brian and Jane only backed him up with 1 other Top 25, while Chris had that plus a Top 10, which gave him a decisive win.
Chris Wang’s Winning Team (52 points) :Matt Kuchar (1), Steve Stricker (T3), Paul Casey (T12) and Rory McIlroy ( T56)
Chris vaults into first place, while NG Nation and Meredith only picked up 12 and 18 points, respectively.
Hit the link to check out the The Barclays Fantasy Points to see how you fared this week.
What a start to the Playoffs. I think the double points will be really exciting and I’m going to predict that at least one person will pick the winner through the entire FedEx Cup. Check below for the monthly and season ranks!
I bet you’re all excited for the Deutsche Bank. After Chris Wang’s double points explosion, I hope you all have faith that you can dethrone the power couple and make a play for the Nike driver and balls, courtesy of Nike Golf.