Slocum! I’m happy that Slocum picked up the win as I’ve really grown to like him since his win at the Barclays last year. None of the hometown boys did as well as expected. ZJ and Kuchar started slow, while Byrd threw up a disgusting 75 in round 3. Meanwhile, Haas is very hot and Allenby is clearly healthy. Also, Toms is hot, too.
The Fall Series is very unpredictable as shown with the low scoring. Personally, I couldn’t pick a Top 25 if it was hanging from a tree. I’ve been trying to take sleeper picks, but maybe it’s time to get more serious. But then again, I’m just doing this for fun and wouldn’t be able to win the prizes anyway!
Lots of top 10’s this week, but only 2 people managed to pick multiple Top 10’s. I would say there’s a fairly low number of MC’s also..but let’s hit the stat-pack and you can draw your own conlcusions.
- Number of Entries: 22 (1 new entry, 5 drop-outs)
- Number of Golfers Selected: 24
- Most Popular Pick: Lucas Glover – 14 selections (Byrd – 13)
- Number of Missed Cuts/WD’s: 6 – Leishman, Glover, Duval, Petts, TI, Cejka
- Number of Top 10’s: 7 – Slocum (1), Haas (2), Toms + Allenby (T3), BVP + Howell (T6), Senden (T9)
- Number of Top 11-Top 25’s: 4 – ZJ (T12), de Jonge + Marino (T15), Kuchar (T25)
- Top Nike Golfer: Leonard (T45) – ouch
- People That Selected the Winner: 1 – Timothy McCormack
- Average Points: 7.32 – down from 9.08 last week
Tim and Jane stole the show this week. Each had 2 Top 10’s, however Tim picked the winner, while Jane had 3 Top 25’s.
Timothy McCormack’s Winning Team (24 points) :: Slocum (1), Van Pelt (T6), Holmes (T33) and Glover (CUT)
Despite his performance this week, Timothy showed up with a goose egg last week (along with many others) and currently sits in 9th place while Mosher and Rob B sit tied for first. (final tiebreaker would go to Rob for least MC’s).
It’s not that many points and there’s still 3 events, so don’t be discouraged if you’re sitting low in the standings (like me). There are many weeks where you can get 1 win, 3 Top 10′s and 4 Top 25′s, so it’s never too late to play!
Check below for the standings up to this point!
Next week, it’s the Frys.com Open where some other big names join the Fall Series mix. Stay tuned.