While there is an “exciting” playoff finish. It should have little impact on the Fantasy Golf community, unless someone took a flyer on Martin Laird (which wouldn’t have been a bad pick). The favourites, Mahan, Fowler, Campbell, Hoffman, did very little. Watney is the only one who came through with a Top 10. However, when the difference between a Top 25 (-14) and a Top 10 (-18) is 4 strokes, it’s hard to get a lot of fantasy points on the board.
Here’s some follow-up notes;
- Very low scoring week. Average of 4.4 points with only 16 entries. (really, 16?)
- The Nike golfers were terrible this week. Ames started great with an opening round of 66, but withdrew 9 holes into his second round. Meanwhile, Trevor Immelman missed the cut.
- One DQ this week, Timothy McCormack, who submitted his picks late.
- The only scoring players this week were :: Watney (T6), Senden (T11), Howell (T18), Fowler (T22)
- This week’s winner :: No3Putt who wins in 2nd consecutive weeks, however, is still in only 7th place after a goose-egg in week 1.
- The Top 5 remains unchanged, however, Chris Wang has moved into a tie for 5th.
- Congrats to Jonathan Byrd, who we all picked two weeks ago to win the McGladrey!
That’s pretty much it! There’s only one week remaining and most everyone has a chance to move into our Winning Foursome to win a free pair of Nike Golf shoes! Check below for the standings!
Click here to see all of the entries