Nike Athlete Charl Schwartzel Defends Joburg Open Title in Dominating Form on the PGA European Tour
Schwartzel’s victory is the second on the 2011 PGA European Tour by a Nike athlete
The 2011 season for Nike Golf athletes has started on a positive note having already captured two victories out of four on the 2011 PGA European Tour.
Most notable over the weekend was Nike athlete Charl Schwartzel’s successful defense of his Joburg Open title. Helping the South African to his fifth career victory on the European Tour was his Nike Golf VR equipment, including his Nike VR Tour driver and Nike VR blades. Using his 54 and 60-degree VR wedges, Schwartzel produced some remarkable up and downs, including a chip in from a bunker for birdie on the par-4 13th hole.
Rounding out Schwartzel’s Nike arsenal were his 13 and 19-degree fairway woods from the Nike SQ franchise, and the Nike ONE Tour D ball. Schwartzel wore Nike Golf apparel and the popular new Nike Lunar Control shoe, which combines comfort and stability in a lightweight design.
Schwartzel became only the third South African to successfully defend his European Tour title. Schwartzel jumped from 32nd to 23rd in the World Rankings.
Schwartzel’s Nike Arsenal
- Driver: Nike VR Tour 8.5 degree
- Fairway Woods: Nike SQ ll 13 and SQ ll 19 degree
- Irons: Nike VR Blades (3-PW)
- Wedges: Nike VR 54 and 60-degree
- Putter: Nike Method 004 Prototype
- Ball: Nike ONE Tour D
- Apparel: Nike Golf Apparel
- Footwear: Nike Golf Lunar Control
Nike Golf’s 2011 International Victories
- Charl Schwartzel – Joburg Open (PGA European Tour)
- Pablo Martin – Alfred Dunhill Championship (PGA European Tour)
*Editor’s Note: The post above is from a press release from Nike Golf.