Big wife swap on Sunday shuffled some points around; Kuchar and Schwartzel dropped out of the Top 10 and McDowell and Donald put up big days to sneak into the Top 10.
The Top 3 non-nike selections (Kuchar, McDowell, Donald) each picked up a T17, T6 and T10 respectively, so big ups to the NG Nation submissions.
Rory Sabbatini won this week and in his previous two starts, he got a T16 and T9, so given his record here, it kinda made sense? Still, with a star studded field we expected some more contention.
- Entries :: 36
- Unique Golfers :: 28
- Most Popular Nike Pick :: Anthony Kim (17 selections, Cut)
- Highest Nike Finish :: Charl Schwartzel (11 selections, T14)
- Most Popular Non-Nike Pick :: Matt Kuchar (15 selections, T17)
- Rare Picks :: Y.E. Yang (2 selections, 2nd), Stuart Applebly (1 selections, T10), Charles Howell III (1 selection, T10)
- Average Points :: 7.64 (13.81 last week)
Three way split to start Month 3. Each had 16 points (2 Top 10’s, 3 Top 25’s). Let’s check the winners’ teams out!
Ben R :: Graeme McDowell (T6), Luke Donald (T10), Charl Schwartzel (T14), Rory McIlroy (T70)
Steve Noel :: Graeme McDowell (T6), Luke Donald (T10), Matt Kuchar (T17), Anthony Kim (CUT)
W.P. McCray :: Graeme McDowell (T6), Luke Donald (T10), Matt Kuchar (T17), Anthony Kim (CUT)
No changes to the Top 3 in the Overall standings, except for Ben R joining a Tie for 3rd. Jane and W.P. also inched closer to the top.
Next week, we eat Doral. More WGC? Yes, please.