On Wednesday The Tiger Woods Foundation and Shotzoom released the “Tiger Woods: My Swing” golf app in the Apple iTunes app store, which will benefit the Tiger Woods Foundation. The goal of the app is to help golfers of all skill levels improve their swing through video analysis and instruction from golf great Tiger Woods. The app retails for $9.99 and is available for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (4th generation), iPad 2 Wi-Fi, and iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, and requires iOS 4.0 or later. It is planned to be available in the future for Android and as a native iPad app. You can read more about the app release here on the Tiger Woods Foundation web site.
I went ahead and bought the app, which is a video analysis and instruction app that allows the user to do several things:
– View videos of Tiger’s swing using every club in the bag, from driver through pitching wedge, from front-on and down-the-line views
– Overlay alignment lines (“Tiger Lines”), and draw custom lines on each of Tiger’s videos
– View videos of Tiger talking about a variety of other swing-related topics
– View several “behind-the-scenes” videos of Tiger on the set of the video shoot
– Record video of your own swing and the swings of your friends
– Draw custom alignment lines on the videos of your own swing and the swings of your friends
– Compare your swing videos side-by-side with Tiger’s or your friends’ swing videos
– Make notes about each swing video
– Vary the playback settings of each video (normal speed, slow-mo, x-slow-mo, loop, etc.)
Full details from the app store are as follows:
Tiger Woods: My Swing helps golfers of all levels improve their golf swing through video analysis and instruction from golf great Tiger Woods. Compare swings against every club in Tiger’s bag and against friends.
Tiger Woods says, “With the new My Swing App I get instant feedback on my swing whether I’m out on Tour or practicing at home. This device gives me with all the tools necessary to analyze and break down my own swing, and best of all I don’t need another set of eyes or expensive equipment to do it.”
· Enhanced video capture
· Side-by-side swing comparison with Tiger Woods
· Advanced swing analysis and how-to demonstrated by Woods
· Swing comparisons, sharing and feedback tools tied to friends and community members
· Exclusive updates from Tiger and his life on Tour
· High quality video of each club from both Face On and Down the Line angles
· How-to video directly from Tiger covering swing analysis
· Video updates from Tiger, exclusive for members only
· Time delay to allow for self-recording
· Record voice and text notes that save with your swing
· Overlay “Tiger Lines” that demonstrate proper technique
· Compare your swing side-by-side with Tiger, a friend or one of your own
· Exclusive how-to from Tiger on use of video analysis and proper technique
· Draw custom lines and see progress over time
· All saved videos stored to free personal profile at Golfshot.com
· View on your personal computer at home or work
· Get feedback from friends, community members, coaches
Released: Mar 23, 2011
Size: 137 MB
Languages: English, Chinese, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Northern Sami, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
Seller: Shotzoom Software, LLC
Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (4th generation), iPad 2 Wi-Fi, and iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
The app looks very cool, and I will be doing a full review of it soon here on the blog. For now you can buy the app at the link below. If you buy it, or have bought it already, let us know how you like it in the comments below.
Author’s disclosure: Shotzoom, LLC is a former client of my company RJD Creative. However I was not aware of the development of this app prior to its release, and was not previously and am not currently involved with the development or promotion of this app prior to or after its release.