Only one thing to recap today, Charl Schwartzel, Major champion.
- Charl has major game. The one thing that’s bugging me is that all the major sports media has no idea who Charl Schwartzel is. They’ll call him a no-name, say “Who is this guy?”, write “Rory, Tiger, Charl Who?”. That’s a big disrespect to the dude. Sure, he’s 26, but if no one told you that, you’d think he was 30. He’s mature, has a great game and has wins! He’s already won so far this year on European tour and won two-in-a-row last year on the European tour. Best final round score Masters score in 20 years. Yeaaah buddy.
- Rory got off to a quick start and played great. He is amazing and let’s show him the respect he deserves. However, he did slow down after 27 holes. However, I think he just wanted to stay at that -10 score for the tournament until he had to push on Sunday. However, his push ran into a tree. Poor kid, but he’ll rebound.
- If you missed a second of the final round at Augusta, I feel bad for you. That front 9 was some of the best golf I have ever watched. There were probably 4 times I jumped off of my couch and was cheering like I was at Augusta. Tiger and Schwartzy lit it up.
- Tiger gets another T4 at the Masters (just like last year). Were they the same at all though? Not by a long shot. Tiger hit the best shots by far on Sunday. Super hook onto #8 for eagle and his super hook tee shot on #6 were among the best of the day. Watching anyone else even trying to attempt those shots was a ridiculous thoughts. Eldrick just needs to putt more.
- Rory has contended at the last 3 major championships. The kid is a winner and he’ll probably win The Open. I would say the US Open, but Tiger and AK own Congressional.
- Friday was also one of the best second rounds of any event that I can remember. Tiger made a big charge, but the back 9 that Cink/Glover and AK had were fantastic. AK went -4 on the last 8 holes, Glover went -3 on the last 8 holes and Cink went -4 on the last 7. Francesco Molinari was also at +2 and sitting over the cut line. Good stuff, boys.
- Also, good showing by Vegas at his first major. He was actually even par after the first round and was -1 at many points. However, he had some bogeys on his final 9 holes on Friday that put him above the cut line.
Here’s a nasty graph of all the Nike Athletes scores along with Rory McIlroy;
Here are the scores from the Masters;
1 :: Charl Schwartzel :: -14
T4 :: Tiger Woods :: -10
T38 :: Paul Casey :: +1
CUT :: Anthony Kim :: +2
CUT :: Lucas Glover :: +2
CUT :: Stewart Cink :: +2
CUT :: Francesco Molinari :: +2
CUT :: Carl Pettersson :: +4
CUT :: Jhonattan Vegas :: +4
9 athletes :: 1 win, 2 Top 10’s, 2 Top 25’s, 6 CUT’s
Check below for all of NGNation’s Masters Coverage (32 posts including this one!);
- Charl Schwartzel Wins Third Major Title for Nike Method Putter
- Winning Apparel: Schwartzel at The Masters
- Fantasy Four Recap :: The Masters
- 2011 Masters Champion
- What’s in the Bag of 2011 Masters Champion Charl Schwartzel
- The Masters :: Round 3 Recap and Round 4 Tee Times
- Nike Apparel at The Masters – Round 1 and 2
- The Masters :: Round 3 Live Blog
- The Masters :: Round 2 Recap and Round 3 Tee Times
- What’s in the Bag at The Masters
- The Masters :: Round 1 Recap and Round 2 Tee Times
- Nike Golf Limited Edition Masters Lunar Controls on Sale Today
- Masters :: Round 1 Live Blog
- The Masters :: Athlete Apparel Links
- The Masters :: Field Analysis
- MASTERS PREVIEW :: Nike Golf Athletes at Augusta
- The Masters :: U.S. TV Times and Online Video Coverage
- The Masters :: Online Canadian Coverage
- Tiger’s Custom Gear for the Masters
- Masters Memories :: What Does The Masters Mean to You?
- Masters.com and the Masters App
- The Masters :: Round 1 Pairings and Tee Times
- Quick Quote :: Jhonattan Vegas on his first Masters
- 2010 Masters Practice Round Photos and Videos
- Nike Notes: DL3 & Method, More 20XI Bag, and Masters 5.0
- Fantasy Four :: The Masters
- More Nike Golf Custom Shoe Options
- Nike Notes: New Staff Bags and Swingman in Lunar Controls
- Nike Golf Custom Gear for The Masters
- The Masters :: Athlete Scripting
- Limited Edition Lunar Controls and 20XI Balls for The Masters