I know right away I’m going to get flack for the “WD” pick. The WD pick was originated as a ‘backup’ in case one of your 4 golfer’s drops out BEFORE the deadline. Such as Tim Clark and Stricker at the Zurich. Also, Tim Clark is entered in this week’s Crowne Plaza, but will probably drop out before the event starts. The WD isn’t anywhere in the actual guidelines and was started by one of our contestants who just wanted to cover himself in case he didn’t have time to check his picks on Wednesday night. Thus, your WD pick does not count if the golfer WDs during the event.
Two new contestants this week, bringing the total number of contests over the last 5 months to 58! That’s good.
The leaderboard was a juicy one all week. I would have loved to see it come down to Donald and Watney, but I was happy with K.J. “Bok” Choi getting the win. Even though most people were hoping Toms would win, since 6 people picked Choi this week.
- Entries :: 42 (up 8 from last week!)
- Unique Golfers :: 35 (up 11 from last week)
- Most Popular Nike Pick :: Tiger Woods (20 selections, WD)
- Highest Nike Finish :: Stewart Cink (3 selections, T19)
- Most Popular Non-Nike Pick :: Luke Donald (25 selections, T4)
- Rare (and Good) Picks :: K.J. Choi (6 selections, 1st), Nick Watney (1 selection, T4), Jason Day (4 selections, T6), Hunter Mahan (1 selection, T6)
- Average Points :: 8.07 (9.13 last week)
Consensus Fantasy Four (4 most popular picks) :: Luke Donald (T4), Tiger Woods (WD), Ben Crane (T45), Phil Mickelson (T33) = 7 points
6 people picked Choi, but there’s a 5-way tie for the dinner.
Choi + Donald was a popular pick, but let’s look at the teams of the 5 winners.
Garry Moore :: K.J. Choi (1), Jason Day (T6), Tiger Woods (WD) and Adam Scott (CUT)
Jane Snyder :: K.J. Choi (1), Luke Donald (T4), Lucas Glover (T50) and Rickie Fowler (CUT)
L Schrader :: K.J. Choi (1), Luke Donald (T4), Lucas Glover (T50) and Jim Furyk (CUT)
Stephen Vang :: K.J. Choi (1), Luke Donald (T4), Tiger Woods (WD) and Kevin Na (CUT)
W.P. McCray :: K.J. Choi (1), Luke Donald (T4), Charl Schwartzel (T26) and Matt Kuchar (T54)
In a tie-break, W.P. gets it because he had 0 MCs. However, he has the Month 1 lead now. W.P. won the first month (of the first half) of the 2011 Fantasy Four, also.
Lots of movement this week, so check it out below!
- The PLAYERS Championship Final Leaderboard
- The PLAYERS Championship Fantasy Four Entries + Points
- Month 1 and 2nd half standings below
As always, let me know if you find any mistakes.