Big week leading up to the Open Championship. Scott Jamieson was in contention down to the wire at the Scottish Open.
- Vegas had another up and down week on the PGA Tour. However, he’s shown progress in the past 2 events, after posting lackluster results following his win. His first two rounds were 68 64, but finished with 75-75 on the weekend.
- With AK and Dyson getting into The Open Championship through other players withdrawals, Scott Jamieson birdied the 53rd and 54th holes of the Scottish Open to make it in. Good for Scotty J, as he’s had 2 Top 3 finishes in his past 3 events. I’m very glad he made it to Royal St. George’s.
- Michelle Wie made the cut at the US Open with a birdie on her final hole of the 2nd round. Sadly, Amanda Blumenherst went +3 on her final 4 holes and missed the cut by 1 stroke.
- Meanwhile, Suzann picks up another quality finish in a major, with her T15. She finished T2 last year, T6 in ’09 and T13 in ’08. She does very well at the US Open.
- Also, Kevin Tway, son of Nike Staffer, Bob Tway, missed the cut at the John Deere Classic.
Below are all of the scores from the Nike Golf Athletes from this past weekend;
PGA Tour :: John Deere Classic
T68 :: Jhonattan Vegas :: -2
CUT :: Stewart Cink :: -3
CUT :: Joseph Bramlett :: -3
CUT :: Kevin Kisner :: -2
LPGA Tour :: U.S. Women’s Open
T15 :: Suzann Pettersen :: +6
T55 :: Michelle Wie :: +15
CUT :: Amanda Blumenherst :: +8
European Tour :: Scottish Open
T3 :: Scott Jamieson :: -14
T25 :: Simon Dyson :: -11
T31 :: Richard Finch :: -10
T31 :: James Morrison :: -10
T66 :: Marc Warren :: -5
76 :: Matt Haines :: -1
CUT :: Oliver Fisher :: +4
Champions Tour :: First Tee Open at Pebble Beach
T10 :: John Cook :: -6
European Challenge Tour :: Acaya Open
No Nike Athletes
Nationwide Tour, Ladies European Tour :: No Event This Week
15 athletes :: 2 Top 10s, 4 Top 25s, 5 CUTs