Pettersen’s Ladies Irish Open victory follows fellow Nike athlete Simon Dyson’s win at the men’s Irish Open one week prior.
Nike Athlete Suzann Pettersen has recorded her second victory in 2011 at the Ladies Irish Open on the Ladies European Tour. Highlighting her bag of Nike Golf arsenal was a new Nike Method high-MOI Prototype putter that will become available as the newest addition to the highly successful Nike Method putter franchise on November 1, 2011.
Pettersen put on a stunning performance by posting scores of 63 and 64 in the final two rounds to win by a six-stroke margin. Her weekend score totaled an impressive 17 under par.
Using a new Nike Method high-MOI Prototype putter, Pettersen was ranked tied for first with the most birdies in the tournament totaling 18 in all three rounds.
“I played great with my putter and it was really nice and hot,” Pettersen said.
This new Nike Method prototype features a unique mallet shape with a high MOI providing overall stability and performance. The Nike Method franchise has been extremely successful on the respective professional tours all over the world having won 24 times, including three PGA Tour major championships.
Also highlighting her bag of Nike Golf equipment is the new Nike 20XI-X golf ball, which features a combination of proprietary technology never before seen in the golf industry. The game-changing technology replaces conventional rubber cores with a radical new resin material. Resin is a highly neutralized polymer that’s faster and lighter material engineered to produce longer distance and more controlled shots. This is Pettersen’s second win with the new Nike 20XI-X golf ball.
Pettersen’s Nike Arsenal
Driver: Nike VR STR8-FIT 9.5-degree
Fairway Woods: Nike SQ Dymo 3-wood/13-degree
Hybrids: Nike VR 18-degree
Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo (4-PW)
Wedges: Nike VR Blade 48-degree; Nike VR 53 and 59-degree
Putter: Nike High-MOI Method Prototype
Ball: Nike 20XI-X
Apparel: Nike Golf Women’s Collection
Footwear: Nike Lunar Links
Nike Golf’s 2011 PGA Tour Victories
* Lucas Glover – Wells Fargo Championship
* Charl Schwartzel – The Masters Tournament
* Jhonattan Vegas – Bob Hope Classic
Nike Golf’s 2011 International Victories
* Suzann Pettersen – Ladies Irish Open (Ladies European Tour)
* Simon Dyson – Irish Open (PGA European Tour)
* Paul Casey – Volvo Golf Champions (PGA European Tour)
* Charl Schwartzel – Joburg Open (PGA European Tour)
* Pablo Martin – Alfred Dunhill Championship (PGA European Tour)
Nike Golf’s 2011 LPGA Tour Victories
* Suzann Pettersen – Sybase Match Play Championship
Nike Golf’s 2011 Champions Tour Victories
* John Cook – Outback Steakhouse Pro-Am
* John Cook – Mitsubishi Electric Championship at Hualalai
* John Cook – Montreal Championship
Nike Golf’s 2011 Japan LPGA Tour Victories
* Kumiko Kaneda – Fuji-Sankei Classic
Editor’s Note: The post above is from a press release from Nike Golf.