Welcome to another Fall Series Fantasy Four! Below are the guidelines;
Hello and welcome to the NG Nation Fall Series Fantasy Four contest (wordy, I know). I would just like to run through the official rules before we get started on this 4 week contest.
1. CHOOSE YOUR FANTASY FOUR: EACH WEEK, pick four golfers who you think will be the high finishers for the week. ONE OF YOUR PICKS MUST BE A NIKE ATHLETE (unless there is only 1 in the field).
2. ENTRIES: Submit your Final Four in a comment below the NG Nation Fantasy Four post for that week. To be eligible for that week’s points, all entries/comments must be posted BY MIDNIGHT PST THE NIGHT BEFORE THE FIRST ROUND OF EACH TOURNAMENT (Wednesday by Midnight, PST). That means you need to come to NGNation.com each week and submit your 4 golfers in the respective Fantasy Four post.
One entry per person (email address and/or computer IP address) per week, multiple entries will be disqualified (please be honest, we’re trying to have fun here). To see when each event post is live, check back here on ngnation.com or follow the NG Nation Staff on Twitter!
3. POINTS: Points are allotted as follows:
Win = 10 points
Top 10’s = 5 points each
Top 25’s = 2 points each
MC’s = 0 points each
4. PRIZES: The top three finishers will win a pair of Nike Golf shoes (shoe models TBD). Prizes courtesy of Nike Golf.
5. EVENTS: The contest will run over the 4 Fall Series events and at the conclusion of these tournaments the winner will be announced in the weekly Fantasy Four Recap post. The events are as follows (starting this week):
Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospital Open
The McGladrey Classic
Children’s Miracle Network Classic
6. RELEASE: By entering this contest you agree to release and hold harmless NG Nation from any and all liability. In other words, we’re trying to have fun here, so please don’t sue us.
Big thanks to Nike Golf for providing the prizes. Now let’s get week one started!
There’s some decent names in the field this week, so it should be a fun one! The fall series this year is only 4 events and the order is mixed up. We do have a handful of Nike athletes this week, so that’s never a bad thing.
Ames has only played 1 event in the past 2 months. That was a T50 at the Reno-Tahoe Open. WD here last year after an opening round 66.
Bramlett’s last 3 PGA events were all made cuts. The best of which was a T25 at the Reno-Tahoe. Good for him! The fall series will be great for him to get experience.
Kisner’s last 3 events were on the Nationwide Tour. He made 3 cuts, had 1 Top 10 and 2 Top 25s.
CPetts showed up for the FedEx Cup Playoffs. After a T18 and T4 at the Greenbrier and Wyndham pushed him up the standings, he had a T37, T32 and a T16 in the Playoffs. Played here in 2009 and posted a T67.
Vegas has made 9 straight made cuts, playing in 3/4 FedEx Cup events.
recent finishes – T26 TOUR Champ, 8th BMW, 2nd Deutsche Bank, CUT Barlcays, 9th Wyndham
Cut here in ’09, made cut here in ’08.
recent finishes – 4 straight Top 10s on the NWide, T12 Wyndham
Hottest player on the Nationwide. Cut here last year, but 3rd in ’08.
recent finishes – T11 Soboba, T11 Boise Open
T50 here last year and he’s been playing well on the NWide.
recent finishes – T26 TOUR Champ, T22 BMW, T61 Deutsche Bank, T10 Barclays
6 straight cuts. 6th here last year. Not another 6! 666!
Best finishes – 7th in ’09, T28 in ’08
T16 at BMW and T10 at Barclays. Good stuff, bro.
Best finishes – 2nd in ’10, 1st in ’10
Best record here, coming off of a T12 at the BMW
Best finishes – 1st in ’10
1st last year, but cut in ’09 and ’08.
Best finishes – 28th in ’10, 2nd in ’09, 3rd in ’08
7 straight made cuts, including a Top 10 at the British Open.
Alan :: Ryan Moore, Jeff Overton, Nick Watney and Carl Pettersson
Bob :: Tommy Gainey, Kyle Stanley, Nick Watney and Jhonattan Vegas
Damian :: Ryan Moore, Martin Laird, Nick Watney and Jhonattan Vegas
Some good selection this week. I’m looking forward to some good picks!
Leave your Fantasy Four in a comment below.
Remember, you have to pick ONE Nike Golf Athlete and have your picks in by WEDNESDAY at Midnight (PST).
It is also your responsibility to sub your player if they WD before the deadline