-Woods made two crucial putts on the last two holes with his Nike Method 001 putter to win-
Nike athlete Tiger Woods is back in the winners’ circle with a win at the Chevron World Challenge that came in a stunning dramatic “Tiger-like” fashion.
With two holes left to play in the final round, Woods needed a critical birdie putt on the 17th to tie and another one on the 18th to win. He accomplished both by making the 15-foot birdie putt on 17 and a 10-footer to seal his victory on 18, using his Nike Method 001 putter. This marks his first win with the Nike Method putter and the 36th Method victory for Nike Golf on the worldwide professional tours.
With 14 Nike Golf clubs in his bag, Woods was also pleased with his iron play with his Nike VR Pro Blades.
“My iron play was pretty steady all week,” said Woods. “But I think that I hit two really good iron shots in the last two holes, which was nice. I made two good putts, too.”
Rounding out his Nike arsenal were his Nike VR Tour driver, Nike VR Pro Limited Edition fairway woods and the Nike VR Pro wedges. He also used the Nike ONE Tour D ball.
On the body, Tiger wore Nike Golf apparel from the Tiger Woods Collection as well as the new Nike TW Free-inspired prototype golf shoes that emphasize natural motion in the feet. These Nike prototype shoes will become available in late Spring of 2012.
Another Nike athlete emerged at the top of the leaderboard — Paul Casey. Casey made an amazing comeback after shooting 79 in the first round by charging up the leaderboard to finish in solo third position after posting three rounds in the 60’s from the second round on to finish.
Woods’ Nike Golf Arsenal:
Driver: Nike VR Tour 8.5-degree (Graphite Design DI 6X)
Fairway Woods: Nike VR Pro Limited Edition 3-wood/15-degree and 5-wood/19-degree
Irons: Nike VR Pro Blades (3-PW)
Wedges: Nike VR Pro 56-degree and Nike VR Pro 60-degree
Putter: Nike Method 001
Ball: Nike ONE Tour D
Apparel: Nike Golf’s Tiger Woods Collection
Footwear: Nike TW Free-Inspired Prototype Shoe
Nike Golf’s 2011 PGA Tour Victories
- Tiger Woods – Chevron World Challenge
- Lucas Glover – Wells Fargo Championship
- Charl Schwartzel – The Masters Tournament
- Jhonattan Vegas – Bob Hope Classic
Nike Golf’s 2011 International Victories
• Simon Dyson – KLM Open (PGA European Tour)
• Suzann Pettersen – Ladies Irish Open (Ladies European Tour)
• Simon Dyson – Irish Open (PGA European Tour)
• Paul Casey – Volvo Golf Champions (PGA European Tour)
• Charl Schwartzel – Joburg Open (PGA European Tour)
• Pablo Martin – Alfred Dunhill Championship (PGA European Tour)
Nike Golf’s 2011 LPGA Tour Victories
• Suzann Pettersen – Safeway Classic
• Suzann Pettersen – Sybase Match Play Championship
Nike Golf’s 2011 Champions Tour Victories
• John Cook – Outback Steakhouse Pro-Am
• John Cook – Mitsubishi Electric Championship at Hualalai
• John Cook – Montreal Championship
Nike Golf’s 2011 Japan LPGA Tour Victories
• Kumiko Kaneda – Fuji-Sankei Classic
Editor’s Note: The post above is from a press release from Nike Golf.