Ready for a 9 month fantasy golf extravaganza? Join us for our third edition of our NG Nation Fantasy Four Contest to win monthly and overall prizes! It’s easy and fun to play. Just ask two-time winner,Chris Wang, who during our first two contests (Regular Season and Fall Series), walked away with a Victory Red driver, a pair of Zoom Trophy golf shoes and a dozen Nike ONE Vapor Speed balls.Here’s how it works:
AT A GLANCE:
1. Choose four players from the current week’s PGA Tour field, one must be a Nike athlete.
2. Enter your Final Four (first initial and last name, at least) in a comment below the current week’s NG Nation Fantasy Four post (usually up Monday or Tuesday). Post your picks by MIDNIGHT PST THE NIGHT BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT STARTS.
(ie, http://ngnation.com/2010/09/07/fedex-cup-fantasy-bmw-championship/ )
3. There will be a weekly Fantasy Four Recap post that updates weekly, monthly and overall point totals. (ie, http://ngnation.com/2010/09/12/fedex-cup-fantasy-recap-bmw-championship/ )
4. Prizes will be awarded to Monthly, 1st Half, 2nd Half, FedEx Cup and Top 3 Full Season winners.
1. CHOOSE YOUR FANTASY FOUR: Pick four golfers each week who you think will be the high finishers for the week. ONE OF YOUR PICKS MUST BE A NIKE ATHLETE.
2. ENTRIES: Submit your Final Four in a comment below the NG Nation Fantasy Four post (ie, Fantasy Four :: The Masters) for that week. To be eligible for that week’s points, all entries/comments must be posted BY MIDNIGHT PST THE NIGHT BEFORE THE FIRST ROUND OF EACH TOURNAMENT (e.g. midnight Wednesday for most tourneys, midnight Thursday for the Deutsche Bank, etc.). One entry per person (email address and/or computer IP address) per week, multiple entries will be disqualified (please be honest, we’re trying to have fun here). To see when each event post is live, check back here on ngnation.com or follow the NG Nation Staff on Twitter!
Top 10’s = 5 points each
Top 25’s = 2 points each
MC’s = 0 points each (used for tiebreakers)
NOTE: YOU GET POINTS FOR EACH POINT CATEGORY YOUR PLAYER IS IN. So if one of your picks wins the tournament, you get 17 points for that player (10 pts for the win, 5 pts for the top 10 and 2 pts for the top 25 = 17 pts). For any players that are in the top 10, you get 7 points for each player (5 pts for the top 10 and 2 pts for the top = 7 pts). For any top 25’s, you get 2 points for each player. And for any of your players that misses the cut, you get 0 points. For example, here are Damian’s picks from a prior event:
P. Mickelson – 2 = 7 pts
J. Furyk – T7 = 7 pts
A. Kim – T7 = 7pts
T. Woods – MC = 0 pts
TOTAL = 21 pts
4. FEDEX CUP DOUBLE POINTS : For the four FedEx Cup events — The Barclays, The Deutsche Bank Championship, the BMW Championship and the Tour Championship — points will be doubled as follows:
Win = 20 points
Top 10’s = 10 points each
Top 25’s = 4 points each
MC’s = 0 points each
So a winner gets 34 pts, top 10 gets 14 pts, top 25 gets 4 pts.
5. MONTHLY PRIZES: After the last tournament of each month, the player with the most points for THAT MONTH will win a dozen Nike 20XI-X golf balls. Points will reset each month for the monthly prize, but all points will be counted for the grand prize. NOTE: In the interest of spreading the wealth around, once you win a dozen balls you will not be eligible to win the monthly contest again, but keep playing because you will still be eligible for the grand prize.
6. GRAND PRIZES: While last year we gave away a 1st half and 2nd half winning prize, this year will do the same, but add a prize for the Top 3 Overall. For the 1st and 2nd half prizes, the person with the most points for that contest period (January through April and May through September) will win a prize. (stock = specs available at retail). Again, in the interest of fairness, you can only win 1 of the prizes, even if you have the most points for both prize periods. However, you are still free to win the monthly and overall prizes.
Season Grand Prize: VR_S Iron Set
Season Second Prize: VR_S Driver
Season Third Prize: VR_S Fairway Wood
First and second half winners: VR_S Hybrid
7. FEDEX CUP PRIZE: Last year the winner of the FedEx Cup month won a Method Core putter and 2nd place got the ONE Vapor Speed Balls. This year, we will be following the same format, but you can choose a Method or Method Core putter (your choice).
8. TOURNAMENT SUMMARY: Here is the breakout of the tournaments for each monthly contest period:
Tournament of Champions
Farmers Insurance Open
Waste Management Phoenix Open
AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am
Northern Trust Open
WGC – Match Play
WGC – Cadillac Championship
Arnold Palmer Invitational
Shell Houston Open
Valero Texas Open
Zurich Classic of New Orleans
Wells Fargo Championship
Crowne Plaza Invitational
HP Byron Nelson Classic
FedEx St. Jude Classic
The Greenbrier Classic
John Deere Classic
RBC Canadian Open
WGC Bridgestone Invitational
AUGUST/SEPTEMBER — FEDEX CUP (DOUBLE POINTS)
Deutsche Bank Championship
9. POINTS SUMMARIES: We will update the points after each week, and display a grid showing each month’s points for each person as well as a cumulative total for the entire contest period.
10. MONTHLY WINNERS: The monthly winner will be announced in the first Fantasy Four post of the following month. We will contact by email.
11. GRAND PRIZE WINNERS: The winner of the grand prize will be announced in a final Fantasy Four post following the Zurich Classic and TOUR Championship. Send us your address and we will forward that to Nike Golf, they will send you your prize.
12. RELEASE: By entering this contest you agree to release and hold harmless NG Nation from any and all liability. In other words, we’re trying to have fun here, so please don’t sue us.
That’s it. Play early, play often and have fun!
Editors Note: All prizes courtesy of Nike Golf.
Hit the link to submit your Fantasy Four for the Hyundai Tournament of Champions! >>> NG Nation Fantasy Four Week 1
Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org