Here’s some important info for you Fantasy Freaks;
- AT&T National was played at Aronimink Golf Club in 2010 and 2011
- AT&T National was played at Congressional Blue Course in 2007, 2008 and 2009.
- Congressional was also the home of the 2011 U.S. Open.
This should all be useful information for you.
This is Event 1/5 in Month 7, Event 9 in the 2nd Half of the Season, and Event 26 overall. Here’s a reminder of the prize structure;
- Season Grand Prize: VR_S Iron Set
- Season Second Prize: VR_S Driver
- Season Third Prize: VR_S Fairway Wood
- First and second half winners: VR_S Hybrid
- FedEx Cup Monthly Winner: Method or Method Core Putter (your choice)
- Monthly winners and 2nd place FedEx Cup Winner: 12 20XI-X balls
For a refresher on the rules, hit the link — Contest Guidelines and leave your Fantasy Four below (don’t forget your ONE Nike Athlete).
Coming off a Top 10 at the U.S. Open in 2012 and 2011. He has a top 10 at Congressional. Pretty good.
1st here in ’09. Coming off of 21st at the U.S. Open and 1st at Memorial.
CUT at the US Open, but 25th and 15th before that. CUT at 2011 US Open.
42nd in 2011 US Open and 5th, 12th and 54th at previous AT&T Nationals at Congressional. 47th last week.
Other Nike athletes in the field :: Jhonattan Vegas
recent finishes – 4th US Open, 13th Memorial, 4th Crowne Plaza, 25th Players
7th, 3rd and 3rd at three AT&T Nationals at Congressional, but cut at 2011 US Open.
Recent finishes – 3rd St. Jude, 5th Colonial, 9th Byron Nelson
22nd in 2009 AT&T National. 21st at 2011 US Open.
Recent finishes – 11th Travelers, 38th US Open, 19th Memorial
He’s on here for his 61 in the final round of the Travelers. He was 2nd, 12th and 8th in his 3 starts in 07-09 here.
Recent Finishes – 1st at Travelers
51st at 2011 US Open. 25th at 2009 AT&T National.
I’m going with something different here and giving you some stats from the 4 events at Congressional (’11 US Open, ’09-’07 AT&T National) based on the players in the 2012 AT&T National field;
Only 3 players have made the cut at all 4 events;
Player (2011, 2009, 2008, 2007)
- Robert Garrigus (3rd, 25th, 27th and 30th)
- Lucas Glover (42nd, 5th, 54th and 12th)
- Bo Van Pelt (14th, 54th, 12th, 54th)
14 Players have made the cut in all of their appearances and averaged a Top 25;
Check out my spreadsheet here if you want to make your own analysis of the Congressional results of the 2012 AT&T National field >> GOOGLE DOCS LINK >>
Alan :: K.J. Choi, Dustin Johnson, Hunter Mahan and Tiger Woods
Bob :: Jim Furyk, Charley Hoffman, Hunter Mahan and Tiger Woods
Damian :: Jim Furyk, Hunter Mahan, Kevin Chappell and Tiger Woods
Leave your Fantasy Four in a comment below.
Remember, you have to pick at least ONE Nike Golfer and have your picks in by WEDNESDAY at Midnight (PST).
It is also your responsibility to sub your player if they WD before the deadline
(email) damian [at] ngnation.com
(twitter) [at] d_daniels