There’s a lot of buzz going on in the industry about new equipment from the Nike Golf camp. From what I hear, details of the new line is very tight-lipped with code names being used for the new equipment. However, we may see our first look of Nike Golf athletes using it on Tour in October, with an official launch date sometime in 2013.
Here are other things I’ve heard:
- The reason that Nike has not unveiled its new 2013 line until later in the year is because this year the line is getting some dramatic Tour-level improvements. What this means – I’m not sure exactly, but I do know that leadership is very excited for the launch of something BIG.
- I have been told that there is a completely new adjustable driver that is going to be a market leader contender. The discussion on Golfwrx says that the code names are VR C3 Tour and VR C2 Performance, although I don’t recall this.
- Included in these lines will be a driver, fairway woods, and hybrids
- There will be at least one new iron set, while VR Pro blades, VR Pro Combo, VR Pro Cavity and VRS-Forged will still continue.
- The Method Core line will get a new finish, and there will be at least two new models, one of which may be the new mallet shape that Carl Pettersson used this year.
- There may also be a new wedge but its unclear if it will be cast or forged.
- Other big news is that the shafts in the new drivers and woods will get a major upgrade
We will keep you posted on new developments.