-Schwartzel dominates the field to win by 12 strokes on the European Tour-
Nike Athlete Charl Schwartzel dominated the field at the Alfred Dunhill Championship, securing back-to-back wins.
Coming off last weekend’s 11-shot victory, Schwartzel coasted to a 12-shot win, locking up his eighth European Title with 14 Nike clubs in the bag. His 24-under-par score of 264 is the lowest tournament total at Leopard Creek Country Club.
Schwartzel set himself up for an incredible 25 birdies and one eagle with his Nike VR Pro blades. Averaging 83.3%, Schwartzel led the field in greens in regulation for the tournament. He fired at tough pins, capitalizing on the consistency and workability of his irons.
The Nike VR Pro blades feature X3X high frequency grooves which result in a cleaner, more consistent ball flight and spin. With more grooves closer together and deeper on the clubface, the Nike VR Pro Blades ensure more control and consistency in all conditions.
Schwartzel was also hot with his Nike Method 001 putter, sinking crucial putts for a breakaway lead in the third round. Averaging 27 putts per round, Schwartzel was first in overall putting for the tournament. The Nike Method franchise features Nike’s polymetal groove technology, generating a faster forward roll at impact for increased accuracy.
Rounding out Schwartzel’s bag is the Nike VR Pro Limited Edition driver. He averaged 307.7 yards for the tournament, third in overall driving distance.
Schwartzel wore Nike Golf apparel from its Premium line as well as the Nike Lunar Control footwear.
Schwartzel’s Nike Golf Arsenal
Driver: Nike VR Pro Limited Edition 8.5-degree
Fairways: Nike VR Pro Limited Edition 3-wood/15-degree and 5-wood/19-degree
Irons: Nike VR Pro Blades (3–9)
Wedges: Nike VR Pro 48-degree, 54-degree & 60-degree
Putter: Nike Method 001
Ball: Nike One Tour D
Apparel: Nike Golf Tour Premium
Footwear: Nike Lunar Control
Nike Golf’s 2013 International Victories
- Charl Schwartzel – The Alfred Dunhill Championship (European Tour)
- Scott Jamieson – The Nelson Mandela Championship (European Tour)
Nike Golf’s 2012 PGA Tour Victories
- Tiger Woods – AT&T National
- Tiger Woods – The Memorial Tournament
- Carl Pettersson – RBC Heritage
- Tiger Woods – Arnold Palmer Invitational
Nike Golf’s 2012 International Tour Victories
- Charl Schwartzel – Thailand Golf Championship (Asian Tour)
- Carly Booth – Deutsche Bank Swiss Open (Ladies European Tour)
- Francesco Molinari – Reale Seguros Open de Espana (PGA European Tour)
- Carly Booth – Abderdeen Asset Management Ladies Scottis Open (Ladies European Tour)
Nike Golf’s 2012 LPGA Victories
- Suzann Pettersen – KEB HanaBank Championship
- Suzann Pettersen – Taiwan Championship
Nike Golf’s 2012 Web.com Tour Victories
- Russell Henley – Chiquita Classic
- Russell Henley – Winn-Dixie Jacksonville Open
Editor’s Note: The post above is from a press release from Nike Golf.