Russell Henley. Nike Golf athlete and PGA Tour Rookie is now a PGA Tour event winner and inside the Top 50 of the Official World Golf Rankings. He’s also punched his ticket to the WGC Match Play event and the Masters.
Henley became the first player in 12 years to win in his debut as a Tour rookie, even though he had two prior starts on Tour, but as an amateur.
Russell closed out the tournament with a three stroke lead, making 5 birdies on the final 5 holes, setting a tournament record at 24 under par.
Here are his stats from the week;
Driving Distance; 293.1 (51st)
Driving Accuracy; 55.36% (T8)
GIR; 83.33% (2nd )
Strokes Gained Putting; 3.075 (1st)
Here’s what was in his bag;
- Driver: Nike VR_S 9.5-degree (Graphite Design HD-7X)
- Fairway: Nike SQ Sumo 3-wood/13-degree
- Hybrid: Nike VR Pro 18-degree
- Irons: Nike VR Pro Cavity (3-6), VR Pro Combo (7-9)
- Wedges: Nike VR Pro 47-degree, 53-degree and 59-degree
- Putter: Nike Method 006 prototype
- Ball: Nike 20XI X
Congrats to Russell Henley.