I’m a little late on this since the 2013 TW polos are out (more on that to come), but I thought I would post in case you were considering buying the 2012 TW gear. This review is of the TW Ultra Light Stripe polo which I got in white.
If you’re considering a traditional polo, this is not it. The Ultra Light Stripe polo, and frankly any of the new 2012 TW apparel and beyond is specifically tailored for golf performance and athletic wear. It’s functional benefits are that it will keep you dry, wick away sweat, and keep you cool. It is one of the lightest polos I own, and it feels like you are really not wearing much. Layer on top of that, that the 2012 TW collection is stylistically one of the best out there and you have a great combination.
The biggest improvement from the previous TW collection is weight. Nike has tried to eliminate extra weight by replacing embroidery and stitching with invisibonding seams around the shirt. The sleeve is also ventilated to reduce weight and increase cooling. One thing to note is that the invisibonding also acts as a cooling system, and they are particularly cool down the back and in the shoulder areas. One improvement that I’d like to see is ventilation in the arm holes as well.
The shirt is also what I like to call Tour Ready meaning it’s the exact same specs that the pros wear. The Nike swoosh is on the left chest (screen printed to reduce weight), and the TW logo is on the back of the color.
I highly recommend this shirt as it is a performance golf polo with a classic striped design.
- Dri-FIT fabric to wick away sweat and help keep you dry and comfortable
- Foldover collar with snap placket for classic polo styling
- Perforations at interior back collar and mesh stripes at shoulders and back for enhanced ventilation
- Stretch fabric for enhanced range of movement
- All-over stripes for a classic look
- Fabric: Body: Dri-FIT 88% polyester/12% spandex. Mesh: Dri-FIT 81% nylon/19% spandex.
- Machine wash
- Moisture mangement
- Front 3 snap button placket
- Measurements: 23″ (pit to pit)
- Logos–Screened on Swoosh and TW Ribbon (back collar)