Pettersen picks up second major of her career, Noh notches first win on the Web.com Tour
Nike athletes Suzann Pettersen and Seung-Yul Noh powered through challenging weather conditions and tapped into their Nike arsenals – including clubs, balls, apparel and footwear – to lock up a pair of victories on the LPGA and Web.com Tours, respectively.
Pettersen played through repeat rain showers in Évian-les-Bains, France to capture the Evian Championship, her first major since 2007 and the second of her career. The win – her second-straight on the LPGA Tour — caps what Petterson calls “the best month of my career,” which kicked off with a stellar performance at the Solheim Cup and was boosted by the Norwegian’s victory at the LPGA Safeway Classic two weeks ago.
Pettersen, playing irons from Nike’s VR line, currently tops the LPGA rankings in greens in regulation for the year at 76 percent, and has dominated with her Nike Method Core 3i putter to hold third place in putts per greens in regulation.
“It’s very satisfying when you hit shots and pull them off at the right time and make putts when you really have to,” Pettersen said. “It’s nice to hit that second shot on 18 and have actually a 3‑putt to win.”
Pettersen sported apparel from Nike’s Tour Performance Women’s Collection and the new Nike FI Impact footwear. Her Nike arsenal includes the VR_S Covert driver and Nike’s 20XI X ball with revolutionary RZN technology.
Seung-Yul Noh claimed his first Web.com Tour win at the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship in Columbus, Ohio, while also securing his PGA Tour card for the 2013-2014 season. Battling blustery winds at Ohio State University’s Scarlet Course, the 22-year-old South Korean finished ahead of the field by five strokes for a final score of 12-under and averaged more than 313 yards with his Nike VR_S Covert Tour driver.
Noh hit nearly 80 percent of greens in regulation with his Nike VR irons and Nike 20XI ball. He wore apparel from the Nike Golf Tour Performance Collection and laced up in Nike Lunar Control footwear.
Pettersen’s Nike Golf Arsenal
Driver: Nike VR_S Covert 9.5-degree
Fairway Wood: Nike VR_S Covert 3-wood/15-degree
Hybrid: Nike VR_S 18-degree
Irons: Nike VR Pro Cavity (4-5), Nike VR Pro Combo (6-PW)
Wedges: Nike VR Pro 48-degree, 52-degree, 59-degree
Putter: Nike Method Core 3i
Ball: Nike 20XI X
Apparel: Nike Golf Tour Performance Women’s Collection
Footwear: Nike FI Impact
Noh’s Nike Golf Arsenal
Driver: Nike VR_S Covert Tour
Fairway Wood: Nike VR_S Covert 3-wood/15-degree, 5-wood/19-degree
Irons: VR Pro Combo (3), VR Pro Blade (5-9)
Wedges: Nike VR Pro 47-degree, 51-degree, 56-degree, 60-degree
Ball: Nike 20XI
Putter: Method prototype
Apparel: Nike Golf Tour Performance Collection
Footwear: Nike Lunar Control
Nike Golf’s 2013 PGA Tour Victories
• Tiger Woods – WGC-Bridgestone Invitational
• Tiger Woods – The Players Championship
• Tiger Woods – WGC Cadillac Championship
• Tiger Woods – Arnold Palmer Invitational
• Scott Brown – Puerto Rico Open
• Tiger Woods – Farmers Insurance Open
• Russell Henley – Sony Open
Nike Golf’s 2013 International Victories
• Tommy Fleetwood – Johnnie Walker Championship (European Tour)
• Paul Casey – The Irish Open (European Tour)
• Scott Jamieson – The Nelson Mandela Championship (European Tour)
• Charl Schwartzel – Alfred Dunhill Championship (European Tour)
Nike Golf’s 2013 LPGA Tour Victories
• Suzann Pettersen – Evian Championship
• Suzann Pettersen – Safeway Classic
• Suzann Pettersen – LPGA LOTTE Championship
Nike Golf’s 2013 Ladies International Victories
• Suzann Pettersen – Mission Hills World Ladies’ Golf Championship
Nike Golf’s 2013 Web.com Victories
• Seung-Yul Noh – Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship
• Kevin Tway – Boise Open
• Jamie Lovemark – Midwest Classic
Nike Golf’s 2013 European Challenge Tour Victories
• Dylan Frittelli – Karnten Open
Editor’s Note: The post above is from a press release from Nike Golf.