Suzann Pettersen dominated the field by five shots to clinch her second consecutive Sunrise Taiwan Championship, her third LPGA title in less than two months.
It was the Norwegian’s first win with the new 2014 Nike RZN ball, which will be officially unveiled in more detail next month. Pettersen, who put the ball in play for the first time just two weeks ago, became the first Nike athlete to win with the 2014 Nike RZN ball, which will become available early next year.
In addition to the 2014 Nike RZN ball, Pettersen’s 14-club Nike arsenal includes her Nike Method Core 3i putter featuring Polymetal Groove technology, which helps to reduce skid and produce a truer roll. Pettersen, playing irons from Nike’s VR line, leads the LPGA rankings in greens in regulation (76 percent) and is third in putts per greens in regulation, birdying three of the final six holes to secure the win.
“My game is in a good spot. I’m a grinder. I love to practice. I love to prepare myself, and then it’s even better to go out and get the job done,” Pettersen said. “I think personally, mentally, I’m ready to take on number one. That’s my drive, that’s my goal. I want to dominate ladies golf and to do that, you’ve got to go out and you’ve got to be comfortable with big leads.”
Pettersen is closing in on the top spot in the Women’s World Golf Rankings — after her win in Taiwan, she is just 185 points behind the world’s current number one. The victory is Pettersen’s fifth in 2013 and the 14th of her career on the LPGA Tour. It is also her eighth straight top-ten finish of the year.
Pettersen sported apparel from Nike’s Tour Performance Collection and Nike’s FI Impact footwear.
Pettersen’s Nike Golf Arsenal
Driver: Nike VR_S Covert 9.5-degree
Fairway Wood: Nike VR_S Covert 3-wood/15-degree
Hybrid: Nike VR_S 18-degree
Irons: Nike VR Pro Cavity (4-5), Nike VR Pro Combo (6-PW)
Wedges: Nike VR Pro 48-degree, 52-degree, 59-degree
Putter: Nike Method Core 3i
Ball: Nike 2014 RZN
Apparel: Nike Golf Tour Performance Women’s Collection
Footwear: Nike FI Impact
Nike Golf’s 2013 PGA Tour Victories
• Tiger Woods – WGC-Bridgestone Invitational
• Tiger Woods – The Players Championship
• Tiger Woods – WGC Cadillac Championship
• Tiger Woods – Arnold Palmer Invitational
• Scott Brown – Puerto Rico Open
• Tiger Woods – Farmers Insurance Open
• Russell Henley – Sony Open
Nike Golf’s 2013 International Victories
• Charl Schwartzel – Nanshan China Masters (One Asia Tour)
• Tommy Fleetwood – Johnnie Walker Championship (European Tour)
• Paul Casey – The Irish Open (European Tour)
• Scott Jamieson – The Nelson Mandela Championship (European Tour)
• Charl Schwartzel – Alfred Dunhill Championship (European Tour)
Nike Golf’s 2013 LPGA Tour Victories
• Suzann Pettersen – Sunrise Taiwan Championship
• Suzann Pettersen – Evian Championship
• Suzann Pettersen – Safeway Classic
• Suzann Pettersen – LPGA LOTTE Championship
Nike Golf’s 2013 Ladies International Victories
• Suzann Pettersen – Mission Hills World Ladies’ Golf Championship
Nike Golf’s 2013 Web.com Victories
• Seung-Yul Noh – Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship
• Kevin Tway – Boise Open
• Jamie Lovemark – Midwest Classic
Nike Golf’s 2013 European Challenge Tour Victories
• Dylan Frittelli – Karnten Open
Editor’s Note: The post above is from a press release from Nike Golf.