At the launch of the Vapor irons at Liberty National a few weeks ago, Nike set up a range session for media and guests to test out the clubs. Fortunately, the marketing team had everything covered as they offered the new Tech Flow golf glove for us to use.
Here’s a review of the glove, which comes in two colorways – one that perfectly matches the new Vapor iron set.
Nike Tech Flow Glove
The name behind “Tech Flow” refers to providing maximum airflow to your hands, whether that is to keep them cool or to keep the sweat down. In order to accomplish this, the glove has two halves. On the under side, where the club touches your palm, the glove is constructed from full leather for a soft, supple feel. In addition, the leather on the under side of the fingers is perforated for maximum ventilation. On the other side, however, the glove is primarily constructed from a mesh material, to allow for air to flow through the hand.
A few other nuances that I noticed in comparison to other golf gloves:
- There is no added palm insert. Some gloves have an extra layer of leather at the base of the palm, where golfers tend to experience the most wear. If you golf a lot, you’ll notice that this area is the first to develop a hole. This glove however does not have that, and it is something that I prefer. To me, that added leather reduces feel and can feel bulky.
- The mesh upper is UPF 15+ for sun protection.
- The mesh upper is also held together with a thermal screen, so that it does not become baggy or loose. On both gloves this is grey.
- On the black version, the piping is in Volt, for added flair.
My overall impression was that it was a very lightweight glove and great for summer, where my glove could get very sweaty, even saturated at times. Initially, the change was a little different because I was not accustomed to having such a light weight glove, but I am really liking the Tech Flow design. I recommend it for warm winter golfers, and for those that want to match their glove with the new Vapor irons.
Nike Mens Tech Flow Golf Gloves feature:
- Leather palm provides soft, supple feel on every shot
- Lightweight mesh back-of-hand material maintains breathable comfort
- Thermal screen across back-of-hand offers targeted lightweight support
- Angled tab design provides superior ergonomic fit
- Customized fitting system ensures great fit for all hand shapes and sizes