China’s Hao Tong Li and Nike Vapor Pro Driver: A Winning Combination
– Nike athlete Li wins second professional title in three weeks with new Vapor Pro driver –
It has proven to be love at first sight. Just four weeks ago Nike athlete Hao Tong Li tested the new Vapor Pro driver at The Oven and immediately put it in his bag. Since then, he has won two tournaments in the span of three weeks.
He won his first professional title with it on the PGA Tour China Series three weeks ago. Last week, Li claimed his second professional victory with the same distinctive volt driver at the Nanshan China Masters on the One Asia Tour, becoming the youngest winner on the Tour at the age of 19.
The Vapor Pro driver blends three key technologies: Nike’s new FlyBeam reinforced Covert Cavity Back design, a re-engineered Compression Channel, and FlexLoft 2. All of these are vital to the golf athlete in achieving the ultimate in hitting their window of distance, speed and launch conditions.
The FlyBeam construction stiffens the Covert Cavity in the back of the club, while the Compression Channel, with variable compliance, accentuates the spring-like effect across the face. Cohesively, the two work together to focus, store, and return impact energy to the golf ball for shots struck at all points on the face.
Li played with 14 Nike clubs in his bag, including the new Vapor Speed 3-wood (15 degree), and the Nike RZN Black ball. On the body, Li sported apparel from Nike Golf’s Performance Collection and the Lunar Waverly shoe.
Li’s Nike Golf Arsenal
Driver: Nike Vapor Pro 12.5-degree
Fairway Wood: Nike Vapor Speed, 3-wood/15-degree
Hybrid: Nike Covert 2.0 17-degree and 20-degree
Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo (4-9)
Wedges: VR Forged 47-degree, 54-degree, 60-degree
Putter: Nike Method prototype
Ball: Nike RZN Black
Apparel: Nike Golf’s Performance Collection
Footwear: Nike Lunar Waverly
Nike Golf’s 2014 PGA Tour Victories
· Russell Henley – Honda Classic
· Seung-Yul Noh – Zurich Classic
· Rory McIlroy – The Open Championship
· Rory McIlroy – WGC – Bridgestone Invitational
· Rory McIlroy – PGA Championship
Nike Golf’s 2014 International Victories
· Charl Schwartzel – Alfred Dunhill Championship
· Ross Fisher – Tshwane Open (European Tour)
· Rory McIlroy – BMW PGA Championship (European
· Xin-Jun Zhang – Beijing Open (PGA Tour China)
· Paul Casey – The KLM Open (European Tour)
· Hao Tong Li – Jianye Tianzhu Henan Open (PGA
· Hao Tong Li – Nanshan China Masters (One Asia)
Nike Golf’s 2014 LPGA Tour Victories
· Michelle Wie – LPGA LOTTE Championship
· Michelle Wie – U.S. Women’s Open
Nike Golf’s 2014 Ladies International Victories
· Cheyenne Woods – Volvic RACV Ladies Masters
Editor’s Note: The post above is from a press release from Nike Golf.